VR, AR, MR, XR? What’s this all got to do with design and education? In this episode, Jessie and I finally uncover what you need to know about Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and even Extended Reality. Alongside what to know, what to look out for, which brands, how to use this new technology and finally how this all relates to the classroom today – not to mention the future of education and design!
Jessie Hughes is an internationally-recognised Australian new media artist and VR ﬁlmmaker, with her works having exhibited most notably at Sundance Film Festival, SXSW, Tate Gallery of London, and Marche Du Film Festival De Cannes. Hughes holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interactive and Visual Design, having completed her studies at Brisbane’s Queensland University of Technology, Australia; San Diego State University, USA; Royal College of Art, UK; and Sonoda Women’s University, Japan. As a design strategist, Jessie has developed innovative media works all over the world for the likes of Oculus, Adobe, Facebook and many international non-for-profits, to inspire and drive social change.
- S04 : Ep. 23 : Concept to Construction: Design & Manufacturing Workflows Featuring Nathan Rice
- S04 : Ep. 22 : Augmented Reality X Design: How AR Can Transform The Way We Create & Design, Featuring Gwyllim Jahn
- S04 : Ep. 21 : Flying Cars : The Future is Here, Featuring Jacky Yang
- S04 : Ep. 20 : AI x Creativity – Measuring the Unmeasurable Featuring Paul Browning
- S04 : Ep. 19 : The Aerospace Sector – Design Thinking, Technologies and more… Featuring Karl Domjahn
- S04 : Ep. 18 : Design Thinking in the Future of Work & Education featuring Ariel Raz
- S04 : Ep. 17 : Drones Technology with a purpose and how it relates to Education featuring Rob Sutton
- S04 : Ep. 16 : The Latest Innovations in Laser Technology and its Importance to 21st Century Education with Simon Moore