Robotics! How about Advanced Robotics? One of the leading technologies and tools within industry 4.0 and 5.0, specially within advanced manufacturing. In this episode, we feature one of the leading minds in this field Dr Cori Stewart (CEO & Founder of the ARM Hub) alongside our host to unwrap the details of advanced robotics. Cori talks tech with detailed answers to questions such as: What technologies are being used to transform manufacturers? AI, cobotics, robotics, design-led manufacturing, AR/VR, IoT, Cyber, Bigdata etc. as well as what technologies are coming in the near future. How does this industry compare to its evolution in the past 20-50 years? What about job losses due to automation? How has it evolved career paths and moving on to industry 5.0 technologies such as 5G telecommunications? Cori humbly follows on to sharing valuable advice for students, teachers, schools, universities and anyone interested in entering this Tony Stark-esque industry as well as what is takes to succeed alongside STEaM skills. Tune into this (video - YouTube) episode to learn the latest technologies within industry and advanced manufacturing.
About Dr Cori Stewart
Dr Cori Stewart is the Founder and CEO of the ARM Hub, a not-for-profit company on a mission to transform the digital capabilities of Australian industry. The ARM Hub specialises in AI, robotics, IoT, and design for manufacturing, collaborating with industry and research to modernise manufacturing practises, build new manufacturing tech, commercialise R&D, and build workforce capability.
The ARM Hub meets industry’s skills gaps delivering projects and services that accelerate Australia’s industrial transformation. The Hub works across industry sectors and has a dedicated factory and maker space in Brisbane’s Northgate that is accessible to industry.
Throughout her career, Cori has been a recognised leader in developing large-scale partnerships between industry, research institutions, governments and the community. Cori has previously held senior university appointments and government policy roles in industry development, the digital economy, creative industries and innovation. Cori was awarded Women in Technology's Professional Technology Leader of 2020.
About ARM Hub
The independent, not-for-profit $18 million ARM Hub is an agile technology application centre for robotics and design-led manufacturing, accelerating industry’s uptake of advanced manufacturing. The ARM Hub draws together skilled teams of scientists, technical specialists, designers, and engineers, to develop commercial, advanced manufacturing solutions. Committed to advanced manufacturing in Australia, the ARM Hub has been funded by industry, the Innovative Manufacturing CRC (IMCRC), CSIRO, QUT and the Queensland Government.
- S04 : Ep. 18 : Design Thinking in the Future of Work & Education featuring Ariel Raz
- S04 : Ep. 17 : Drones Technology with a purpose and how it relates to Education featuring Rob Sutton
- S04 : Ep. 16 : The Latest Innovations in Laser Technology and its Importance to 21st Century Education with Simon Moore
- S04 : Ep. 15 : Industrial Design – One of the most integrated and versatile design careers with Tim Williams and Andrew Peterson
- S04 : Ep. 14 : Science + Design + Technology + Manufacturing = 21st Century Orthotics Industry with Dean Hartley
- S04 : Ep. 13 : Dam Engineering & Safety across Four Continents and Eight Countries with Dr Gamini Adikari
- S04 : Ep. 12 : Renewable energies – the future of the energy sector with Vivienne Roberts
- S04 : Ep. 11 : Bespoke steel fabrication and advanced visualisation technologies with Dr. Vitor Bottazzi