In this episode we kick off 2020 with a unique individual who has self-taught himself to now be an expert in a long list of design tools, while engaged in full time studies and work. These tools range from: Adobe - Photoshop, Lightroom, Premier Pro, After Effects, Illustrator; Autodesk – Revit, AutoCAD, Inventor, 3DS Max; Cinema4D, Lumoin and many more. Elvin humbly shares his journey and experience, the do’s and don’ts the pitfalls, the learnings and answers to questions such as: What was the techniques used to learn these tools? Was it the same method for all applications? How long did it take to master each tool? How was this managed while studying full time? Did it affect your grades/other commitments and work-life balance? Was this supplemented and supported through your secondary and tertiary education? Elvin then continues to share his incredibly achievements by passionately sharing some valuable advice for universities and school as well as students who are traveling on his same path. These are just some of the gems presented within this episode. If you are wanting to learn how to be intrinsically motivated to self-teach through ‘play’ – this is the episode for you!Elvin Djonlagic is a current QUT student who studies Architecture whilst pursuing his passion in photography and graphic design. Elvin has a long history of design intentions that extend back to his early teenage years where he taught himself several applications, including programs from the adobe and Autodesk suites. Elvin’s self-taught initiative helped to accelerate his communication skills in the design world, both as a student and a freelance designer. His passion pushes him to this day to expand on his software knowledge as he strongly believes that your creativity should never be limited by your ability to produce digital results. Elvin has not only taught himself architectural related software, he has expanded his knowledge towards photography, videography, as well as 3D modelling; perfecting his craft one application at a time.
- S02 : Ep. 06 : Design thinking applied to business development and leadership with Kaitlin Sells
- S02 : Ep. 05 : Year 4 to NASA – A pathway beyond this world with Megha Wijewardane
- S02 : Ep. 04 : Entering the Industry – Transitioning from Tertiary Education with Angus Godwin & Alexis Harper
- S02 : Ep. 03 : Real world design applications while studying with Alma Yulianisa
- S02 : Ep. 02 : The Importance of Travel & Design Education with Natasha Clough
- S02 : Ep. 01 : Design Tertiary Education – “A Student’s Point of View” with Cameron Topping & Shannen Roe – QUT