In this episode, Nathan (Senior Graphic Designer at CBRE) and I unveil the details of the ‘Graphic Design’ industry. Exploring answers to questions such as – What is Graphic Design? How does one become a Graphic Designer? What skills do you need? What software do you need to equip your skill set? What’s the latest with Adobe CC and what does the future hold? How do you employ Design Thinking within the Design process? Does Empathy play a role? What does the future of Graphic Design look like? How does the technology change affect the future of this vastly broad industry? These are just some of the key learnings from this episode.
Nathan is an experienced Graphic Designer with a varied design history that encompasses architectural model making, exhibition signage and freelance graphic design. For over 15 years he has worked as a corporate designer within the built environment sector and is currently working in the commercial real estate industry. Nathan has strong skills in document layout, logo design and presentation design. His design education began with an Associate Diploma of Graphic Design from TAFE Queensland and continued with a Bachelor and Post Graduate Diploma of Industrial Design from Queensland University of Technology.
- Building Design – The underdog of the design industry with Ryan Grose – MR
- Interior Design – The designers of space at a human scale with Emma Ridings – Buchan
- Urban Design – The creative mix of Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Town Planning with Peter Egerton – RPS
- Landscape Architecture – The Honest Brokers of the Built and the Natural form with Damian Thompson – Lat27
- Graphic Design – The creative industry that stems throughout design with Nathan Cain – CBRE
- [Special] All things Education! with Jennifer King – Microsoft