An inspiring episode! Sharon and I discuss and unpack her high-quality teaching methods of facilitation focussed on student success, innovation and leadership. Through her extensive experience from teaching around the world, we uncover details on how she successfully creates an approachable, friendly, safe, yet strict learning environment for all her students. What’s the result? Students that will become the future innovators and leaders of our society alongside a teacher that is cherished and respected by all her students.
Sharon is an experienced international educator in Computer Science, digital pedagogy, educational technologies and innovation, eLearning, flexible learning space design, staff professional development, and Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
My expertise in curriculum include the
• International Baccalaureate DP, MYP and PYP;
• North American Advanced Placement (AP);
• Cambridge IGCSE;
• Australian Curriculum.
Sharon has a demonstrated history of working internationally in tertiary institutions; education departments, secondary, middle, primary and P-12 Schools playing numerous roles including Senior Project Officer, Head of School; Head of Department; Dean; Lecturer, Curriculum Leader; eLearning Coordinator, IGCSE Coordinator and senior faculty. A gold medal recipient of the University of the South Pacific and an experienced examiner (IBDP) and moderator (IBMYP) for the International Baccalaureate Organization. Her passion and leadership skills in curriculum development and implementation; computational thinking; communication, delivering empowering learning outcomes in STEM including educational technologies; problem solving; and professional development, have seen me travel and live/work in Australia, Fiji, Hong Kong, New Zealand, and South Korea.
- S04 : Ep. 6 : Food Manufacturing, Food Technology & Food Science, all on the same plate with FIAQ & Earlee Products
- S04 : Ep. 5 : 21st Century Engineering & Technologies Integration with Govinda Pandey
- S04 : Ep. 4 : Agriculture & Farming in the 21st Century with Rory Aronson
- S04 : Ep. 3 : Life Sciences & Bio Technologies in Advanced Manufacturing with Clare Blain
- S04 : Ep. 2 : Advanced Manufacturing Gateway to Industry Schools Program with Jules McMurtrie
- S04 : Ep. 1 : Advanced Manufacturing from the World Economic Forum with Francisco Betti
- S03 : Ep. 24 : The Importance of the United Nations SDGs in Education with Joel Lindsay
- S03 : Ep. 23 : Esports in 21st Century Education with Dan Martinez