An inspiring episode! Sharon and I discuss and unpack her high-quality teaching methods of facilitation focussed on student success, innovation and leadership. Through her extensive experience from teaching around the world, we uncover details on how she successfully creates an approachable, friendly, safe, yet strict learning environment for all her students. What’s the result? Students that will become the future innovators and leaders of our society alongside a teacher that is cherished and respected by all her students.
Sharon is an experienced international educator in Computer Science, digital pedagogy, educational technologies and innovation, eLearning, flexible learning space design, staff professional development, and Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
My expertise in curriculum include the
• International Baccalaureate DP, MYP and PYP;
• North American Advanced Placement (AP);
• Cambridge IGCSE;
• Australian Curriculum.
Sharon has a demonstrated history of working internationally in tertiary institutions; education departments, secondary, middle, primary and P-12 Schools playing numerous roles including Senior Project Officer, Head of School; Head of Department; Dean; Lecturer, Curriculum Leader; eLearning Coordinator, IGCSE Coordinator and senior faculty. A gold medal recipient of the University of the South Pacific and an experienced examiner (IBDP) and moderator (IBMYP) for the International Baccalaureate Organization. Her passion and leadership skills in curriculum development and implementation; computational thinking; communication, delivering empowering learning outcomes in STEM including educational technologies; problem solving; and professional development, have seen me travel and live/work in Australia, Fiji, Hong Kong, New Zealand, and South Korea.
- S02 : Ep. 04 : Entering the Industry – Transitioning from Tertiary Education with Angus Godwin & Alexis Harper
- S02 : Ep. 03 : Real world design applications while studying with Alma Yulianisa
- S02 : Ep. 02 : The Importance of Travel & Design Education with Natasha Clough
- S02 : Ep. 01 : Design Tertiary Education – “A Student’s Point of View” with Cameron Topping & Shannen Roe – QUT
- S01 : Ep. 23 : Design Thinking, Entrepreneurship & Innovation from a Social Impact Point of View with Selena Griffith – UNSW
- S01 : Ep. 22 : Skills Currency – The Foundation of 21st Century Career Success with Leanne Kemp – Office of the Queensland Chief Entrepreneur (OQCE)