In this episode I continue the design thinking research approach by digging more into the minds of our future leaders! This episode is jam packed full of useful insights into the importance of traveling during studies and how it plays a crucial role in shaping a designer’s mind. Natasha (having travelled to over 34 countries!) detail her own journey, experiences and shared her valuable insights in the importance of exchange programs (to Oxford), how it has shaped her design abilities to be more aware and design through a holistic viewpoint for more socially and environmentally sustainable designs. How it has given her an edge and to stand-out in entering the industry as well as the tips and tricks on how to ‘make it happen’ and committing to traveling to learn, grown and develop. This was an eye-opening conversation for any secondary or tertiary student, educator or design professional.
Natasha Clough is a QUT student that is soon to be graduating from Interior Design. During her time abroad, her love for design expanded into the architecture realm. Natasha uses her knowledge from the 34 countries she has visited to inspire her current designs within her University course and has brought a new set of skills to her cohort from her six-month exchange in Oxford school of Architecture. Her latest project was inspired by Marseille Juvenile Detention Centre, with conceptualising the abolishment of Youth Detention Centres, and replacing them with creative Youth Rehabilitation and education centers. She has not only learnt about how other countries use architecture aesthetically, structurally and sustainably; but has found the social impact of design the most interesting.
Disclaimer: I (Natasha) acknowledge the indigenous architectural history of Australia and the history of First Nations architecture being destroyed through colonisation. I would like to state that there is a lack of teaching and conversation through universities or schools, and traditional indigenous architecture plays an important role in the history of Australian Design
- S04 : Ep. 9 : Artificial Intelligence & BigData with Rahul Kota & Matthew Lakis
- S04 : Ep. 8 : Design & Constructing with BIM Integration with Nathan Love
- S04 : Ep. 7 : Advanced Robotics within Advanced Manufacturing with Dr Cori Stewart
- S04 : Ep. 6 : Food Manufacturing, Food Technology & Food Science, all on the same plate with FIAQ & Earlee Products
- S04 : Ep. 5 : 21st Century Engineering & Technologies Integration with Govinda Pandey
- S04 : Ep. 4 : Agriculture & Farming in the 21st Century with Rory Aronson
- S04 : Ep. 3 : Life Sciences & Bio Technologies in Advanced Manufacturing with Clare Blain
- S04 : Ep. 2 : Advanced Manufacturing Gateway to Industry Schools Program with Jules McMurtrie