In this inaugral episode, Andrew unveils his vast experience in tertiary level design education - the tricks, tips and how it's done with his leadership at QUT (Queensland University of Technology). Along side this, we explored his undying passion and excitement for sketching and especially, sketching using the latest tablet technology. Find out what the best apps, platforms and techniques for you to get started.Andrew Scott has been practicing and teaching industrial design for three decades. His experience as a design consultant has included work in industrial design, ergonomics, corporate identity and entertainment concepts for clients such as World Expo 88, the Civil Aviation Authority, Spectra Lighting and other businesses in the Brisbane area. He is Senior Lecturer at the School of Design, Queensland University of Technology and teaches predominantly in the first year of the programe. In 2010 he received the Australian Learning and Teaching Council’s award for Teaching Excellence for this teaching. He is committed to developing design education in high schools and was a member of the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority’s Expert Writing Team for the 2019 Design Syllabus. Andrew’s research interests include user/product emotional attachment and interface design. Other interests include product aesthetics, graphical literacy and information design. He is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a Fellow of the Design Institute of Australia.
- S02 : Ep. 04 : Entering the Industry – Transitioning from Tertiary Education with Angus Godwin & Alexis Harper
- S02 : Ep. 03 : Real world design applications while studying with Alma Yulianisa
- S02 : Ep. 02 : The Importance of Travel & Design Education with Natasha Clough
- S02 : Ep. 01 : Design Tertiary Education – “A Student’s Point of View” with Cameron Topping & Shannen Roe – QUT
- S01 : Ep. 23 : Design Thinking, Entrepreneurship & Innovation from a Social Impact Point of View with Selena Griffith – UNSW
- S01 : Ep. 22 : Skills Currency – The Foundation of 21st Century Career Success with Leanne Kemp – Office of the Queensland Chief Entrepreneur (OQCE)