In this technology themed episode Sue Keay (Research Director of CSIRO/Data 61) and I discuss details on a variety of key 21st Century Tech Tools – AI (Artificial Intelligence), Robotics, Mechatronics and Cyber Physical Systems. We unveil insights and answers to questions such as how will these technologies play a role in the future of work? How does AI impact job losses as well as job creations? What are its applications in automation within various industries? How can educators of today, better prepare the future leaders of tomorrow to utilise these technologies to enhance their skills currency? What are the key skill sets required to succeed in this field? How does design thinking and creative problem solving play a major role? These are just some of the insightful gems hidden within this episode.
Sue set up the world's first robotic vision research centre, and now leads CSIRO's Data61 Cyber-Physical Systems program. In 2018, she developed Australia's first Robotics Roadmap highlighting how advances in robotics (and AI) will impact on every sector of the Australian economy.
With a PhD in Geoscience and an MBA, Sue combines science with business. She has interests in entrepreneurship and disruptive technologies and started QUT's social robotics program. Sue serves on the Board of the CRC for Optimising Resource Extraction and the Expert Advisory Panel of Queensland.AI. She is a judge for the James Dyson Awards and the Australian Museum Eureka Prizes, and a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Sue has been recognised as one of RoboHub's 2018 “ 25 Women in Robotics you need to know about", as one of Queensland's most influential people (Courier Mail's Power 100), as a Superstar of STEM (Science and Technology Australia), and is responsible for bringing the Grace Hopper Celebration to Australia.
- S03 : Ep. 08 : Agile in 21st Century Education with Sarah Rose
- S03 : Ep. 07 : The Importance of Creativity and Innovation in Education with Adam Hudson
- S03 : Ep. 05 : Resilience – The Power of Perspective with Michael Crossland
- S03 : Ep. 04 : The Future of work and the key ingredients for success with Lavinia Iosub – Livit International
- S03 : Ep. 03 : Architecture in the 21st Century with David Basulto – ArchDaily
- S03 : Ep. 02 : Graphisoft – ArchiCAD, Rhino, Grasshopper, Bluebeam in the AEC with Michael Warr – Central Innovations
- S03 : Ep. 01 : Importance of Creativity in Education and Design with Dr. Tim Kitchen – Adobe
- S02 : Ep. 09 : The Importance of failing forward with Shelby Parkes from Hillcrest Christian College