In this technology themed episode Sue Keay (Research Director of CSIRO/Data 61) and I discuss details on a variety of key 21st Century Tech Tools – AI (Artificial Intelligence), Robotics, Mechatronics and Cyber Physical Systems. We unveil insights and answers to questions such as how will these technologies play a role in the future of work? How does AI impact job losses as well as job creations? What are its applications in automation within various industries? How can educators of today, better prepare the future leaders of tomorrow to utilise these technologies to enhance their skills currency? What are the key skill sets required to succeed in this field? How does design thinking and creative problem solving play a major role? These are just some of the insightful gems hidden within this episode.
Sue set up the world's first robotic vision research centre, and now leads CSIRO's Data61 Cyber-Physical Systems program. In 2018, she developed Australia's first Robotics Roadmap highlighting how advances in robotics (and AI) will impact on every sector of the Australian economy.
With a PhD in Geoscience and an MBA, Sue combines science with business. She has interests in entrepreneurship and disruptive technologies and started QUT's social robotics program. Sue serves on the Board of the CRC for Optimising Resource Extraction and the Expert Advisory Panel of Queensland.AI. She is a judge for the James Dyson Awards and the Australian Museum Eureka Prizes, and a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Sue has been recognised as one of RoboHub's 2018 “ 25 Women in Robotics you need to know about", as one of Queensland's most influential people (Courier Mail's Power 100), as a Superstar of STEM (Science and Technology Australia), and is responsible for bringing the Grace Hopper Celebration to Australia.
- S04 : Ep. 6 : Food Manufacturing, Food Technology & Food Science, all on the same plate with FIAQ & Earlee Products
- S04 : Ep. 5 : 21st Century Engineering & Technologies Integration with Govinda Pandey
- S04 : Ep. 4 : Agriculture & Farming in the 21st Century with Rory Aronson
- S04 : Ep. 3 : Life Sciences & Bio Technologies in Advanced Manufacturing with Clare Blain
- S04 : Ep. 2 : Advanced Manufacturing Gateway to Industry Schools Program with Jules McMurtrie
- S04 : Ep. 1 : Advanced Manufacturing from the World Economic Forum with Francisco Betti
- S03 : Ep. 24 : The Importance of the United Nations SDGs in Education with Joel Lindsay
- S03 : Ep. 23 : Esports in 21st Century Education with Dan Martinez