In this episode, David Basulto (Founder and Editor in Chief of ArchDaily) and I unpack details regarding the world’s most visited architecture website – ArchDaily. David humbly shares his journey from the School of Architecture through to the beginning and establishment of ArchDaily taking us step-by-step through the evolution of his entrepreneurial journey and creative thinking. We go on to explore the real value and mission behind ArchDaily as well as it’s application towards the industry and education. From here, David and I began a deep-dive discussion regarding the various attributes of architecture, design and how the changes of industry 4.0 and technology (VR/AR/AI etc.) is transforming architecture in the 21st century. We then follow on to discuss the important attributes of creative thinking as well as the architect’s role in the 21st century. If you are a design enthusiast, educator or professional – this is the episode for you! Tune in for the unpacking of ArchDaily and Architecture in the 21st Century.
Graduate Architect from Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (2006). Founder and Editor in Chief of ArchDaily, and its global sites in English, Spanish, Portuguese and Chinese. ArchDaily’s mission is “to improve the quality of life of the 3 billion people who live in cities in the next 40 years, by providing inspiration, knowledge, and tools to the architects who will face this challenge. He has served as jury for several award, prizes and design competitions in Latin America, North America, Europe, and Asia. He was the curator of the Nordic Countries Pavilion at the 2016 Venice Architecture Biennale. David is an Endeavor Entrepreneur from the Endeavor Foundation in New York, and received the National Award for Innovation from the Chilean Government in 2012.
THIS EPISODE WAS PROUDLY AND EXCLUSIVELY SPONSORED BY ARCHDAILY
The world's most visited architecture website
Inspiration and knowledge to help architects build better cities
Over the next 10 years 18 billion sqm of space will be designed by architects to shelter 1.5 billion people. ArchDaily serves as architects' main source for tools, information and inspiration.
In 2008, while working as architects, our founders realized that there wasn't a place for architects to research and see good, up-to-date examples of projects and architectural products. So we decided to build it.
What started as a platform to collect the most important information to help architects create better architecture, became a fast growing technology company that delivers inspiration, tools and knowledge to the 13.6 million architects that visit and use ArchDaily each month.
We are proudly driven to help architects design a better world.
- S04 : Ep. 16 : The Latest Innovations in Laser Technology and its Importance to 21st Century Education with Simon Moore
- S04 : Ep. 15 : Industrial Design – One of the most integrated and versatile design careers with Tim Williams and Andrew Peterson
- S04 : Ep. 14 : Science + Design + Technology + Manufacturing = 21st Century Orthotics Industry with Dean Hartley
- S04 : Ep. 13 : Dam Engineering & Safety across Four Continents and Eight Countries with Dr Gamini Adikari
- S04 : Ep. 12 : Renewable energies – the future of the energy sector with Vivienne Roberts
- S04 : Ep. 11 : Bespoke steel fabrication and advanced visualisation technologies with Dr. Vitor Bottazzi
- S04 : Ep. 10 : Mining & Exploration in the 21st Century with Kate Dickson
- S04 : Ep. 9 : Artificial Intelligence & BigData with Rahul Kota & Matthew Lakis