In this episode, Damian Thompson (Director at Lat27) and I explore the hidden gems of the ‘Landscape Architecture’ design industry. We unpack answers to questions such as – What is Landscape Architecture? How is it different to Landscape Design? How does one become a Landscape Architect? What skills are required? How do you employ Design Thinking within the Design process? What does the future of Landscape Architecture look like? How does the technology changes affect the future of this highly ethical industry? A highly respected and engaging profession – tune in to this Landscape Architecture centric episode. Damian has spent over 25 years designing public and private environments along Australia’s eastern coastline, including stints in the UK and Asia. His work spans across urban design and landscape architecture and he has enjoyed a long association lecturing and tutoring at QUT.
He has led and contributed to multi-disciplinary teams that deliver award-winning projects ranging in scale from intimate laneways through to major public parklands and urban renewal projects. Damian is passionate about site-specific, community-driven design outcomes and has completed several projects of note including the 2018 Commonwealth Games Athletes Village, Oxley Creek Transformation Master Plan, flood of ideas, Brisbane Showgrounds Redevelopment and Southport Broadwater Parklands.
- S02 : Ep. 02 : The Importance of Travel & Design Education with Natasha Clough
- S02 : Ep. 01 : Design Tertiary Education – “A Student’s Point of View” with Cameron Topping & Shannen Roe – QUT
- S01 : Ep. 23 : Design Thinking, Entrepreneurship & Innovation from a Social Impact Point of View with Selena Griffith – UNSW
- S01 : Ep. 22 : Skills Currency – The Foundation of 21st Century Career Success with Leanne Kemp – Office of the Queensland Chief Entrepreneur (OQCE)
- S01 : Ep. 21 : VR – Virtual Reality in all it’s glory with Fredrico Fialho – F-Flat
- S01 : Ep. 20 : BIM – Building Information Modelling within the AEC with Sherman Powell – Urbis