In this episode, Damian Thompson (Director at Lat27) and I explore the hidden gems of the ‘Landscape Architecture’ design industry. We unpack answers to questions such as – What is Landscape Architecture? How is it different to Landscape Design? How does one become a Landscape Architect? What skills are required? How do you employ Design Thinking within the Design process? What does the future of Landscape Architecture look like? How does the technology changes affect the future of this highly ethical industry? A highly respected and engaging profession – tune in to this Landscape Architecture centric episode. Damian has spent over 25 years designing public and private environments along Australia’s eastern coastline, including stints in the UK and Asia. His work spans across urban design and landscape architecture and he has enjoyed a long association lecturing and tutoring at QUT.
He has led and contributed to multi-disciplinary teams that deliver award-winning projects ranging in scale from intimate laneways through to major public parklands and urban renewal projects. Damian is passionate about site-specific, community-driven design outcomes and has completed several projects of note including the 2018 Commonwealth Games Athletes Village, Oxley Creek Transformation Master Plan, flood of ideas, Brisbane Showgrounds Redevelopment and Southport Broadwater Parklands.
- S04 : Ep. 9 : Artificial Intelligence & BigData with Rahul Kota & Matthew Lakis
- S04 : Ep. 8 : Design & Constructing with BIM Integration with Nathan Love
- S04 : Ep. 7 : Advanced Robotics within Advanced Manufacturing with Dr Cori Stewart
- S04 : Ep. 6 : Food Manufacturing, Food Technology & Food Science, all on the same plate with FIAQ & Earlee Products
- S04 : Ep. 5 : 21st Century Engineering & Technologies Integration with Govinda Pandey
- S04 : Ep. 4 : Agriculture & Farming in the 21st Century with Rory Aronson
- S04 : Ep. 3 : Life Sciences & Bio Technologies in Advanced Manufacturing with Clare Blain
- S04 : Ep. 2 : Advanced Manufacturing Gateway to Industry Schools Program with Jules McMurtrie