In this episode Corey and I discover the real impacts and how to overcome the impact of the fast evolution and change in technology, in the classroom - specially in the design classroom. Along side some successful strategies that Corey and his dedicated team of staff has implemented through facilitation, rather than 'teaching' to bring out some amazing results - tune in to find out more!
Currently the acting Head of Department at Ferny Grove State High School for the Design Technology faculty. I have been a teacher of Industrial Design Technology for 16 odd years, having started my career as a Cabinet Maker. I decided to make the career change because of some amazing Manual Arts teachers made a real difference in my life when I was a student, I wanted to be someone like that too. My experience as a teacher has been exactly that, the opportunities to impact, empower and engage young people has been a real driver for my career. Engaging students in student centered design tasks that have real meaning and naturally develop their 21st century skills has been central to my journey so far. I am currently really enjoying the HOD role of coaching and mentoring other teachers to be that person too. events.
- S02 : Ep. 07 : Self-teaching the latest design tools with Elvin Djonlagic
- S02 : Ep. 06 : Design thinking applied to business development and leadership with Kaitlin Sells
- S02 : Ep. 05 : Year 4 to NASA – A pathway beyond this world with Megha Wijewardane
- S02 : Ep. 04 : Entering the Industry – Transitioning from Tertiary Education with Angus Godwin & Alexis Harper
- S02 : Ep. 03 : Real world design applications while studying with Alma Yulianisa
- S02 : Ep. 02 : The Importance of Travel & Design Education with Natasha Clough