In this episode Corey and I discover the real impacts and how to overcome the impact of the fast evolution and change in technology, in the classroom - specially in the design classroom. Along side some successful strategies that Corey and his dedicated team of staff has implemented through facilitation, rather than 'teaching' to bring out some amazing results - tune in to find out more!
Currently the acting Head of Department at Ferny Grove State High School for the Design Technology faculty. I have been a teacher of Industrial Design Technology for 16 odd years, having started my career as a Cabinet Maker. I decided to make the career change because of some amazing Manual Arts teachers made a real difference in my life when I was a student, I wanted to be someone like that too. My experience as a teacher has been exactly that, the opportunities to impact, empower and engage young people has been a real driver for my career. Engaging students in student centered design tasks that have real meaning and naturally develop their 21st century skills has been central to my journey so far. I am currently really enjoying the HOD role of coaching and mentoring other teachers to be that person too. events.
- S03 : Ep. 11 : The Impact of Artificial Intelligence within the AEC with Alex Ferguson
- S03 : Ep. 10 : Varkey Foundation’s $1M Global Teacher Prize Finalist: Yasodai Selvakumaran
- S03 : Ep. 09 : Foundational Principles of Success with Michael Lane
- S03 : Ep. 08 : Agile in 21st Century Education with Sarah Rose
- S03 : Ep. 07 : The Importance of Creativity and Innovation in Education with Adam Hudson
- S03 : Ep. 06 : 21st Century Tech Tools : AI, Robotics, Mechatronics & Cyber Physical Systems with Sue Keay
- S03 : Ep. 05 : Resilience – The Power of Perspective with Michael Crossland
- S03 : Ep. 04 : The Future of work and the key ingredients for success with Lavinia Iosub – Livit International