In this episode Corey and I discover the real impacts and how to overcome the impact of the fast evolution and change in technology, in the classroom - specially in the design classroom. Along side some successful strategies that Corey and his dedicated team of staff has implemented through facilitation, rather than 'teaching' to bring out some amazing results - tune in to find out more!
Currently the acting Head of Department at Ferny Grove State High School for the Design Technology faculty. I have been a teacher of Industrial Design Technology for 16 odd years, having started my career as a Cabinet Maker. I decided to make the career change because of some amazing Manual Arts teachers made a real difference in my life when I was a student, I wanted to be someone like that too. My experience as a teacher has been exactly that, the opportunities to impact, empower and engage young people has been a real driver for my career. Engaging students in student centered design tasks that have real meaning and naturally develop their 21st century skills has been central to my journey so far. I am currently really enjoying the HOD role of coaching and mentoring other teachers to be that person too. events.
- S04 : Ep. 23 : Concept to Construction: Design & Manufacturing Workflows Featuring Nathan Rice
- S04 : Ep. 22 : Augmented Reality X Design: How AR Can Transform The Way We Create & Design, Featuring Gwyllim Jahn
- S04 : Ep. 21 : Flying Cars : The Future is Here, Featuring Jacky Yang
- S04 : Ep. 20 : AI x Creativity – Measuring the Unmeasurable Featuring Paul Browning
- S04 : Ep. 19 : The Aerospace Sector – Design Thinking, Technologies and more… Featuring Karl Domjahn
- S04 : Ep. 18 : Design Thinking in the Future of Work & Education featuring Ariel Raz
- S04 : Ep. 17 : Drones Technology with a purpose and how it relates to Education featuring Rob Sutton
- S04 : Ep. 16 : The Latest Innovations in Laser Technology and its Importance to 21st Century Education with Simon Moore