In this episode Corey and I discover the real impacts and how to overcome the impact of the fast evolution and change in technology, in the classroom - specially in the design classroom. Along side some successful strategies that Corey and his dedicated team of staff has implemented through facilitation, rather than 'teaching' to bring out some amazing results - tune in to find out more!
Currently the acting Head of Department at Ferny Grove State High School for the Design Technology faculty. I have been a teacher of Industrial Design Technology for 16 odd years, having started my career as a Cabinet Maker. I decided to make the career change because of some amazing Manual Arts teachers made a real difference in my life when I was a student, I wanted to be someone like that too. My experience as a teacher has been exactly that, the opportunities to impact, empower and engage young people has been a real driver for my career. Engaging students in student centered design tasks that have real meaning and naturally develop their 21st century skills has been central to my journey so far. I am currently really enjoying the HOD role of coaching and mentoring other teachers to be that person too. events.
- EP20. BIM – Building Information Modelling within the AEC with Sherman Powell – Urbis
- EP19. Fashion Design – The art of designing anything wearable by the human body with Sarah Pretorius – Carlyle the label
- Building Design – The underdog of the design industry with Ryan Grose – MR
- Interior Design – The designers of space at a human scale with Emma Ridings – Buchan
- Urban Design – The creative mix of Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Town Planning with Peter Egerton – RPS
- Landscape Architecture – The Honest Brokers of the Built and the Natural form with Damian Thompson – Lat27