In this episode, Peter Egerton (Lead Urban Designer at RPS) and I unpack the details of the ‘Urban Design’ industry. We explore answers to questions such as – What is Urban Design? How does one become an Urban Designer? What skills do you need? What is the difference between a Town Planner and an Urban Designer? How do you employ Design Thinking within the Design process? What does the future of Urban Design look like? How does the technology change affect the future of this vastly broad industry? It was a highly engaging and informative session and a unique industry that will have a bright future ahead! Peter has been part of the urban design and planning profession for 31 years, and currently leads urban design for RPS. Peter is based in Brisbane but has a wider perspective from leading projects from Sydney to Port Douglas and New Zealand to Western Australia.
Peter’s focus is integrating design and planning expertise with sustainable development practices, to create successful urban spaces where people live, work and visit. He is recognised as an industry leader design with a reputation for technical excellence, trusted advice and a strong commercial acumen.
His network of positive working relationships with government and industry, together with his communication and technical skills, have been critical to the success of his large body of work. As a design professional and business leader, Peter strives to make a positive influence, and ensure outcomes are enduring, sustainable and memorable.
- S04 : Ep. 11 : Bespoke steel fabrication and advanced visualisation technologies with Dr. Vitor Bottazzi
- S04 : Ep. 10 : Mining & Exploration in the 21st Century with Kate Dickson
- S04 : Ep. 9 : Artificial Intelligence & BigData with Rahul Kota & Matthew Lakis
- S04 : Ep. 8 : Design & Constructing with BIM Integration with Nathan Love
- S04 : Ep. 7 : Advanced Robotics within Advanced Manufacturing with Dr Cori Stewart
- S04 : Ep. 6 : Food Manufacturing, Food Technology & Food Science, all on the same plate with FIAQ & Earlee Products
- S04 : Ep. 5 : 21st Century Engineering & Technologies Integration with Govinda Pandey
- S04 : Ep. 4 : Agriculture & Farming in the 21st Century with Rory Aronson