Yet another young CEO – Scott Millar (from BOP) and I discuss the applications of Augmented Reality (AR), its current capabilities and how it fits into the current classroom in today’s education context. Not only that, we uncover the importance of nurturing 21st Century Learning skills to make way for the future innovators of the next generation. It is the way of the future and we are in the middle of a significant shift in our education system.
The tech-head prodigy behind BOP Industries, Scott Millar, is a young entrepreneur taking the world by storm. Compared to a young Steve Jobs after turning a year nine school project into a thriving business, Scott has deferred university to run BOP Industries full time, now with a growing presence across the world. BOP Industries is a Brisbane based holographic projections start up creating holograms for the event industry and running workshops to teach students about technology with a focus on creativity. Scott and his team are on a mission to inspire the next generation of digital creators and encourages students to think ‘entrepreneur’ when it comes to their future.
- S02 : Ep. 04 : Entering the Industry – Transitioning from Tertiary Education with Angus Godwin & Alexis Harper
- S02 : Ep. 03 : Real world design applications while studying with Alma Yulianisa
- S02 : Ep. 02 : The Importance of Travel & Design Education with Natasha Clough
- S02 : Ep. 01 : Design Tertiary Education – “A Student’s Point of View” with Cameron Topping & Shannen Roe – QUT
- S01 : Ep. 23 : Design Thinking, Entrepreneurship & Innovation from a Social Impact Point of View with Selena Griffith – UNSW
- S01 : Ep. 22 : Skills Currency – The Foundation of 21st Century Career Success with Leanne Kemp – Office of the Queensland Chief Entrepreneur (OQCE)