A Unique perspective of the Design Classroom and how it affected around Australia
Learn about Peter Murphy's perspective of entering into the education system in Australia, following his design background in Glasgow. Peter's involvement at a national scale through DATTA Australia allowed him to witness and understand how classrooms operate and how the changes in tech and learning styles are evolving - It's the next chapter in education with the integration of 21st century skills.
Peter Murphy is President of DATTA Australia, a member of the DATTA Victoria committee and STEM Leading Teacher at Northcote High School in Melbourne. He is a member of the Victorian Tech Schools Advisory Panel and has published teacher support materials. Peter trained as an industrial designer in his home city of Glasgow, then relocated to Melbourne in 2009, where he studied Secondary Teacher Education. Throughout his career, Peter has been a passionate advocate for the Design & Technologies learning area and has developed a number of initiatives designed to engage with students, colleagues, school leaders, tertiary education, government and the wider community – all with the aim of shouting loud about the progressive, challenging and relevant nature of the Design and Technologies curriculum area. Peter created So You Think You Can Design, a student design competition, and Design & Technologies Week. Both have grown to become popular Australia-wide events.
- S03 : Ep. 24 : The Importance of the United Nations SDGs in Education with Joel Lindsay
- S03 : Ep. 23 : Esports in 21st Century Education with Dan Martinez
- S03 : Ep. 22 : Investing in the 21st Century with Nathan Birch
- S03 : Ep. 21 : The 5 Inner Critics and how these Design our life
- S03 : Ep. 20 : IoT & 21st Century Education with Michelle Howie
- S03 : Ep. 19 : Everything SketchUp with James Charnley
- S03 : Ep. 18 : Mindfulness in 21st Century Education with Amy Lou Wilson
- S03 : Ep. 17 : The Future of Visualisation in Design with Christopher Nichols