A Unique perspective of the Design Classroom and how it affected around Australia
Learn about Peter Murphy's perspective of entering into the education system in Australia, following his design background in Glasgow. Peter's involvement at a national scale through DATTA Australia allowed him to witness and understand how classrooms operate and how the changes in tech and learning styles are evolving - It's the next chapter in education with the integration of 21st century skills.
Peter Murphy is President of DATTA Australia, a member of the DATTA Victoria committee and STEM Leading Teacher at Northcote High School in Melbourne. He is a member of the Victorian Tech Schools Advisory Panel and has published teacher support materials. Peter trained as an industrial designer in his home city of Glasgow, then relocated to Melbourne in 2009, where he studied Secondary Teacher Education. Throughout his career, Peter has been a passionate advocate for the Design & Technologies learning area and has developed a number of initiatives designed to engage with students, colleagues, school leaders, tertiary education, government and the wider community – all with the aim of shouting loud about the progressive, challenging and relevant nature of the Design and Technologies curriculum area. Peter created So You Think You Can Design, a student design competition, and Design & Technologies Week. Both have grown to become popular Australia-wide events.
- S02 : Ep. 07 : Self-teaching the latest design tools with Elvin Djonlagic
- S02 : Ep. 06 : Design thinking applied to business development and leadership with Kaitlin Sells
- S02 : Ep. 05 : Year 4 to NASA – A pathway beyond this world with Megha Wijewardane
- S02 : Ep. 04 : Entering the Industry – Transitioning from Tertiary Education with Angus Godwin & Alexis Harper
- S02 : Ep. 03 : Real world design applications while studying with Alma Yulianisa
- S02 : Ep. 02 : The Importance of Travel & Design Education with Natasha Clough